Cache-sexeEarly 20th century
5 in. x 14 in. (12.7 cm x 35.56 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- African - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Africa, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean Sea.
- beadwork - Visual works comprising designs, patterns, or other arrangements of beads, typically stringed or attached to textile supports.
- cache-sexe - Main garments worn by women, primarily in Africa, to cover the genitals, often consisting of pendant elements made of metal or vegetal matter that hang from a cord tied around the waist or hips; may also be made of cloth and some element may pass between the legs.
- South African - Style and culture of the people of South Africa.
- African and Pacific Art from the Neufeld Collection Bryn Mawr College , Apr 28, 1993 – Jun 1, 1993
Owner Name: Mace Neufeld and Helen Katz Neufeld, Class of 1953
Place: Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, US
Ownership End Date: 7/18/1991
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Mace and Helen Katz Neufeld Collection" and [Object]Display Artist is "Unknown Nguni" and [Object]Century is "20th century".View current selection of records as: