Edan Ogboni (Pair of Figurated Staffs)
|Showing 1 of 1||
Edan Ogboni (Pair of Figurated Staffs)20th century
10 13/16 in. x 2 3/16 in. x 1 3/4 in. (27.5 cm x 5.5 cm x 4.5 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- African - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Africa, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean Sea.
- West African - Styles and cultures from the region comprising the westernmost area of the African continent, defined by the United Nations as including the modern nations of Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Togo.
- Exhibiting Africa: Ways of Seeing, Knowing, and Showing Bryn Mawr College , Jan 25, 2017 – Mar 5, 2017
- Enid Cook Center Grand Opening Exhibition , Aug 21, 2015 – Dec 20, 2015
- Rare Gifts: An Exhibition in Celebration of the Library's Friends Bryn Mawr College , Sep 19, 2014 – Jan 30, 2015
- African Images, Western Imageries: Collecting and Recollecting African Bryn Mawr College , Sep 26, 1999 – Jun 15, 2000
- figure Dimensions: 10 13/16 x 2 3/16 x 1 3/4 in. (27.5 x 5.5 x 4.5 cm)
Owner Name: Mace Neufeld and Helen Katz Neufeld, Class of 1953
Place: Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, US
Ownership End Date: 12/17/1997
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
Important Tribal Art
New York, NY, 1989
Figure Number: 154
- Gina Siesing, "From the Director," Mirabile Dictu: The Bryn Mawr College Library Newsletter 18 (Fall 2015): 3.
The following Comparanda exist for this object:
- "African Heritage Document and Research Center." (Accessed June 11, 2020): AHDRC.eu. Record No.: 0103711.
- "African Heritage Document and Research Center." (Accessed June 11, 2020): AHDRC.eu. Record No.: 0103897.
The following Related Bibliography exist for this object:
- Tom Phillips, ed. Africa: The Art of a Continent (Munich; London; New York: Prestel Verlag and Royal Academy of Arts, 1999), 416-417. Figure Number: 5.78a
- "ÌMỌ̀ DÁRA." (Accessed May 10, 2020): Imodara.com. https://www.imodara.com/discover/nigeria-yoruba-edan-ogboni-osugbo-staff/.
- Stefan Eisenhofer, ed. Kulte, Künstler, Könige in Afrika: Tradition und Moderne in Südnigeria (Linz, Austria: des Oberösterreichisches Landesmuseums, 1977), 218-231.
- Hans Witte, Earth and the Ancestors: Ogboni Iconography (Amsterdam: Gallery Balolu, 1988),
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Edan Ogboni (Pair of Figurated Staffs)".View current selection of records as: