Yata (Dance Panel)
|Showing 1 of 1||
Yata (Dance Panel)19th century - 20th century
9 1/2 in. (24.13 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- African - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Africa, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean Sea.
- beading - Trimming, furnishing, adorning, or covering textiles or objects with beads, or creating jewelry by stringing beads.
- West African - Styles and cultures from the region comprising the westernmost area of the African continent, defined by the United Nations as including the modern nations of Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Togo.
Owner Name: Mace Neufeld and Helen Katz Neufeld, Class of 1953
Place: Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, US
Ownership End Date: 12/20/1996
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
Important Tribal Art
New York, NY, 1989
Figure Number: 164
- "African Heritage Document and Research Center." (Accessed June 11, 2020): AHDRC.eu. Record No.: 0101228.
The following Comparanda exist for this object:
- "The Israel Museum, Jerusalem Online Collection." (Accessed May 7, 2020): https://www.imj.org.il/en. Accession No.: B03.0675.
- L. S. Dubin, The History of Beads (London, England: Thames & Hudson, 1987), 54-55.
- "Detroit Institute of Arts Online Collection." (Accessed May 2, 2020): https://www.dia.org/art/collection/dia-collection. Accession No.: 81.714.
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Yata (Dance Panel)".View current selection of records as: