Yata (Dance Panel)
|Showing 1 of 1||
Yata (Dance Panel)Mid 20th century
29 1/2 in. x 10 1/2 in. x 7/8 in. (74.93 cm x 26.67 cm x 2.22 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- African - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Africa, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean Sea.
- beading - Trimming, furnishing, adorning, or covering textiles or objects with beads, or creating jewelry by stringing beads.
- beads - Refers to small objects, of any shape or material, pierced so that they may be strung or hung or attached, as by sewing.
- beadwork - Visual works comprising designs, patterns, or other arrangements of beads, typically stringed or attached to textile supports.
- multicolored - Refers generally to the use of many colors.
- scarifications - Refers to permanent marks, such as symbols, patterns, or other designs, made on human skin by scarring, done for social or cultural reasons or for personal decoration.
- West African - Styles and cultures from the region comprising the westernmost area of the African continent, defined by the United Nations as including the modern nations of Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Togo.
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
Important Tribal Art
New York, NY, 1989
Figure Number: 166
- "African Heritage Document and Research Center." (Accessed June 11, 2020): AHDRC.eu. Record No.:0101226.
The following Comparanda exist for this object:
- "The Israel Museum, Jerusalem Online Collection." (Accessed May 7, 2020): https://www.imj.org.il/en. Accession No.: B03.0675.
- L. S. Dubin, The History of Beads (London, England: Thames & Hudson, 1987), 54-55.
- "Detroit Institute of Arts Online Collection." (Accessed May 2, 2020): https://www.dia.org/art/collection/dia-collection. Accession No.: 81.714.
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Yata (Dance Panel)".View current selection of records as: