|Showing 1 of 1||
FigureLikely 20th century
16.535 x 5.512 x 3.74 in. (42 x 14 x 9.5 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- African - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Africa, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean Sea.
- carvings - Refers to works executed by cutting a figure or design out of a solid material such as stone or wood. It typically refers to works that are relatively small in size, are part of a larger work, or are not considered art. For large and medium-sized three-dimensional works of art, use the broader term "sculpture" or another appropriate term.
- Central African - Styles and cultures from a wide region of Africa that straddles the Equator and is drained largely by the Congo River system.
- female - Referring to the sex that normally produces eggs or female germ cells.
- figures - Representations of humans, animals, or mythical beasts, in any medium.
- wood - The principal tissue of trees and other plants that provides both strength and a means of conducting nutrients. Wood is one of the most versatile materials known.
- Highlights from the Mace and Helen Katz Neufeld Donation of African Art Bryn Mawr College , Sep 1, 1998 – Dec 1, 1998
Owner Name: Mace Neufeld and Helen Katz Neufeld, Class of 1953
Place: Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, US
Ownership End Date: 12/17/1997
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
Important Tribal Art
New York, NY, 1989
Figure Number: 265A
- "African Heritage Document and Research Center." (Accessed June 11, 2020): AHDRC.eu. Record No.: 003595.
The following Related Bibliography exist for this object:
- "Art and Life in Africa: Peoples." (Accessed May 11, 2020): https://africa.uima.uiowa.edu/peoples/. https://africa.uima.uiowa.edu/chapters/arts-of-healing/spirit-embodiments/?start=10, Figure Number: Accession No.: X1986.592.
- "Art and Life in Africa: Peoples." (Accessed May 11, 2020): https://africa.uima.uiowa.edu/peoples/. https://africa.uima.uiowa.edu/chapters/abundance/human/?start=28, Figure Number: Accession No.: X1986.592.
- "Art and Life in Africa: Peoples." (Accessed May 11, 2020): https://africa.uima.uiowa.edu/peoples/. https://africa.uima.uiowa.edu/peoples/show/Ngbaka#:~:text=Types%20of%20Art,masks%20and%20numerous%20utilitarian%20objects..
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Figure".View current selection of records as: