|Showing 1 of 1||
Beaded Strip19th century - 20th century
Glass Beads, plant material
11 in. (27.94 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 99.5.81
Other Number(s): 84-48 (Neufeld Collection Number)
Geography: Africa, South Africa
Classification: Clothing and Adornments; Adornments
Culture/Nationality: Northern Nguni (Zulu), South African, Southern African, African
Collection: Neufeld Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- African - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Africa, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean Sea.
- beadwork - Visual works comprising designs, patterns, or other arrangements of beads, typically stringed or attached to textile supports.
- South African - Style and culture of the people of South Africa.
- Southern African - Styles and cultures originating in the southernmost region of the African continent, comprising the modern countries of Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, and Zimbabwe. The island nation of Madagascar is excluded because of its distinct language and cultural heritage.
- Journeys Through African Womanhood Bryn Mawr College , Feb 14, 2003 – Mar 28, 2003
Owner Name: Mace Neufeld and Helen Katz Neufeld, Class of 1953
Place: Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, US
Ownership End Date: 7/18/1991
The following Related Bibliography exist for this object:
- John Gillow, African Textiles: Color and Creativity Across a Continent (New York, NY: Thames & Hudson, 2016), 216-220.
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Beaded Strip".View current selection of records as: