- Refers to the cultures of the continent of Africa, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean Sea.
- Refers to small objects, of any shape or material, pierced so that they may be strung or hung or attached, as by sewing.
- Refers to works executed by cutting a figure or design out of a solid material such as stone or wood. It typically refers to works that are relatively small in size, are part of a larger work, or are not considered art. For large and medium-sized three-dimensional works of art, use the broader term "sculpture" or another appropriate term.
- Styles and cultures from a wide region of Africa that straddles the Equator and is drained largely by the Congo River system.
- Nationality, styles, and cultures of the people of the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Objects believed to be enchanted, or have magical power to aid or protect its owner.
- Objects used for a particular ritual activity, often as part of a ceremony.