Opon Ayo (Sowing Game)
|Showing 1 of 1||
Opon Ayo (Sowing Game)19th century - 20th century
22 1/16 in. x 5 7/8 in. (56 cm x 15 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- African - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Africa, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean Sea.
- gameboards - Flat boards or boardlike game accessories marked such that the progress of play can be tracked.
- games - Forms of competitive play, usually involving an element of strategy, especially to interfere with an opponent's play; may or may not require physical skill.
- West African - Styles and cultures from the region comprising the westernmost area of the African continent, defined by the United Nations as including the modern nations of Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Togo.
- wood - The principal tissue of trees and other plants that provides both strength and a means of conducting nutrients. Wood is one of the most versatile materials known.
- Backtalk: Exposures, Erasures, and Elisions of the Bryn Mawr College African Art Collection Bryn Mawr College , Feb 5, 2015 – Jun 1, 2015
Owner Name: Bruce and Adele King, in memory of Nicole M. King, Class of 1986
Place: Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, US
Acquisition Method: Purchased in Ibadan, Nigeria from house to house traders
Ownership Start Date: 1962-1964
Ownership End Date: June 6, 2003
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
- "Bryn Mawr College Alumnae Bulletin," Bryn Mawr College Alumnae Bulletin (May 2015): 72.
The following Comparanda exist for this object:
- "African Heritage Document and Research Center." (Accessed June 11, 2020): AHDRC.eu. Record No.: 0105444.
The following Related Bibliography exist for this object:
- Stefan Eisenhofer, ed. Kulte, Künstler, Könige in Afrika: Tradition und Moderne in Südnigeria (Linz, Austria: des Oberösterreichisches Landesmuseums, 1977), 282-289.
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Opon Ayo (Sowing Game)".View current selection of records as: