Model Sealing Harpoon
|Showing 1 of 1||
Model Sealing Harpoonca. 1950
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Arctic - In the context of art and culture, the culture of the indigenous peoples of the northern polar region of the earth, including the Arctic Ocean and the northernmost parts of Asia, Europe, and North America. The term may also refer to the animals, plants, climate, geology, geography, and oceanography of the area.
- dentin - Material comprising the primary, bone-like structure of a tooth. Dentin is hard calcareous material, with less porosity and less organic matter than bone. It is generally covered with a protective enamel layer. Layers of dentin cover animal teeth (whale, hippopotamus, boar, etc.) and tusks (ivory, elephant, walrus, etc.).
- harpoons - Hunting weapons consisting of a fixed or detachable barbed head mounted on a staff, thrown by hand or fired from a harpoon gun, used against large fish and marine mammals.
- ice picks - Sharp-pointed tools for chipping or cutting ice.
- Native American - Typically reserved to refer narrowly to the cultures of the native peoples of the United States and Canada, excluding the Eskimos and Aleuts. For the indigenous peoples of Canada use the term "First Nations." For the broader concept of the cultures of any native peoples of Central America, South America, North America, or the West Indies who are considered to belong to the Mongoloid division of the human species, use "Amerindian (culture)."
- North American - Refers to the cultures of the continent of North America, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, the Arctic Circle, and Central America. In classifications schemes based on physical geography, Central America, and North America are parts of the same continent.
- Frederica de Laguna: At Home in the Arctic Bryn Mawr College , Oct 1, 2010 – Mar 31, 2013
- Frederica DeLaguna: Contributions of an American Anthropologist to the Bryn Mawr College Collections Bryn Mawr College , Apr 1, 1999 – Dec 15, 2003
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Model Sealing Harpoon".View current selection of records as: