|Showing 1 of 1||
Canteen Jar20th century
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- clay - Naturally occurring sediments that are produced by chemical actions resulting during the weathering of rocks. Clays are composed of hydrated aluminum silicates, such as Kaolinite, Illite, Palygorskite, Attapulgite, Bentonite, and Montmorillonite. Small amounts of other minerals can change the color (white, yellow, brown or red) and texture of the clays. Clays may include all earths that form a paste with water and harden when heated.
- figures - Representations of humans, animals, or mythical beasts, in any medium.
- flasks - Spheroidal, bulbous shape, pear-shaped, or flattened vessels with a narrow neck and a small mouth, usually of glass, ceramic, metal, animal skin, wicker, or another material and used for various purposes. Also used specifically for distinctive narrow-necked vessels, usually of glass, having a rounded body, used in laboratories.
- handles - Those portions of, or attachments to, objects that are designed to be grasped by the hand.
- Native American - Typically reserved to refer narrowly to the cultures of the native peoples of the United States and Canada, excluding the Eskimos and Aleuts. For the indigenous peoples of Canada use the term "First Nations." For the broader concept of the cultures of any native peoples of Central America, South America, North America, or the West Indies who are considered to belong to the Mongoloid division of the human species, use "Amerindian (culture)."
- North American - Refers to the cultures of the continent of North America, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, the Arctic Circle, and Central America. In classifications schemes based on physical geography, Central America, and North America are parts of the same continent.
- Southwestern Native American - Styles and cultures Southwestern Native America.
- At Home and on Display: Pueblo Pottery in the Bryn Mawr College Collection , Nov 24, 1998 – Jan 15, 1999
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Canteen Jar".View current selection of records as: