2 3/4 in. x 1 11/16 in. (7 cm x 4.3 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- clay - Naturally occurring sediments that are produced by chemical actions resulting during the weathering of rocks. Clays are composed of hydrated aluminum silicates, such as Kaolinite, Illite, Palygorskite, Attapulgite, Bentonite, and Montmorillonite. Small amounts of other minerals can change the color (white, yellow, brown or red) and texture of the clays. Clays may include all earths that form a paste with water and harden when heated.
- Native American - Typically reserved to refer narrowly to the cultures of the native peoples of the United States and Canada, excluding the Eskimos and Aleuts. For the indigenous peoples of Canada use the term "First Nations." For the broader concept of the cultures of any native peoples of Central America, South America, North America, or the West Indies who are considered to belong to the Mongoloid division of the human species, use "Amerindian (culture)."
- North American - Refers to the cultures of the continent of North America, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, the Arctic Circle, and Central America. In classifications schemes based on physical geography, Central America, and North America are parts of the same continent.
- ornaments - Decorative forms or embellishments that are an integral part of a building or object but are not essential to its structure. Refers also to decorative objects attached to or worn by humans and animals. For objects signifying an honor bestowed upon an individual, usually worn on the person, see "decorations." Regarding techniques of embellishment in general, see "decoration (process)."
- pendants - Articles of jewelry designed to be suspended, such as from a necklace, brooch, or earrings. Examples include Renaissance pendants fastened to the sleeve and articles of devotional, magical, or mourning jewelry concealed under clothing.
- sherds - Limited to fragments of pottery or glass.
- Southwestern Native American - Styles and cultures Southwestern Native America.
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Southwest" and [Object]Object Type Sub 1 is "Adornments" and [Object]Culture-Nationality is "Pueblo (?), Native American".View current selection of records as: