Point or Knife Blade
|Showing 1 of 1||
Point or Knife Blade
2 3/8 x 15/16 x 3/8 in. (6 x 2.4 x 1 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- blades - The sharpened, flat-edged cutting part of a tool or weapon.
- knives - Cutting instruments consisting of a blade with a sharpened longitudinal edge fixed in a handle, either rigidly as in a table-, carving, or sheath-knife, or with a joint as in a pocket- or clasp-knife. Knives may be used to cut food, especially in serving and eating, as weapons, and for other purposes. The blade may be of steel or another metal or stone, as in the flint knives of early man, or of another material such as ivory or wood (as with a paperknife). The term also refers to tools that are shaped or used as knives, even if the edge is not particularly sharp or actually used for cutting.
- Native American - Typically reserved to refer narrowly to the cultures of the native peoples of the United States and Canada, excluding the Eskimos and Aleuts. For the indigenous peoples of Canada use the term "First Nations." For the broader concept of the cultures of any native peoples of Central America, South America, North America, or the West Indies who are considered to belong to the Mongoloid division of the human species, use "Amerindian (culture)."
- North American - Refers to the cultures of the continent of North America, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, the Arctic Circle, and Central America. In classifications schemes based on physical geography, Central America, and North America are parts of the same continent.
- projectile points - Pieces of hard material, typically stone or metal, sharpened to have a cutting edge or penetrating point for use as projectiles or the heads of projectile weapons.
- quartzite - A metamorphic rock composed largely of granular quartz which is cemented by silica forming a homogeneous mass of very high tensile and crushing strengths; especially used as a building stone, as gravel in road construction, and as aggregate in concrete.
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Point or Knife Blade".View current selection of records as: