Photo Album with Images of the Crown Prince's investiture1952
15 1/2 in. x 12 1/2 in. x 1 1/2 in. (39.37 cm x 31.75 cm x 3.81 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- albums - Books with blank pages used for assembling and presenting a collection, or any unpublished sets of pages that are bound or loose-leaf and have other materials affixed to them or writing or other images made on them. The volume may have been constructed with blank pages that were intended to have materials affixed, or it may have been assembled after having had materials affixed to separate pages.
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- gold - Pure metallic element having symbol Au and atomic number 79; a soft, inert, shiny reddish yellow metal that is very malleable and ductile. Gold has been highly valued and found in artifacts dating to before 5000 BCE. Native gold, found in quartz veins (vein gold) and alluvial deposits (placer gold), generally contains some silver and copper. Gold is purified by dissolution in mercury or cyanide solutions, by melting, or by electrodeposition. The purity of commercial gold is expressed in karats which is the number of parts of gold in 24 parts of the alloy. Today gold is primarily used for monetary systems and for jewelry.
- Japanese - Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- leather - The skin or hide of an animal that has been tanned to render it resistant to putrefication and relatively soft and flexible when dry. For composite material made from scrap leather pieces, use "maril."
- Refers to still images produced from radiation-sensitive materials (sensitive to light, electron beams, or nuclear radiation), generally by means of the chemical action of light on a sensitive film, paper, glass, or metal. Photographs may be positive or negative, opaque or transparent. The concept does not include reproductive prints of documents and technical drawings, for which descriptors found under "
" are more appropriate. The concept may include photographs made by digital means.
- princes - Refers to a chief authority or ruler. It often refers particularly to certain male members of royal families, usually the sons or grandsons of kings or queens. The term may also be used to designate lower-ranking nobles. Princes are always males; for female rulers or daughters of kings and queens, see "princesses."
- Disasters and Rebuilding in Japan: Perspectives and Testimonies from the Tri-Co Collection Bryn Mawr, Haverford and Swarthmore Colleges , Dec 5, 2013 – Jun 1, 2014
- The Way of Tea--A Taste of Japanese Art: Gifts from the Imperial Family Bryn Mawr College , May 11, 2007 – Aug 15, 2007
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Elizabeth Gray Vining Collection".View current selection of records as: