|Showing 1 of 1||
5 in. x 3 1/2 in. x 1/4 in. (12.7 cm x 8.89 cm x 0.64 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2005.6.41
Geography: Asia, Japan
Classification: Architectural Artifacts; Architectural Elements
Collection: Elizabeth Gray Vining '23 Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- Animalia - Kingdom containing multicellular organisms having cells bound by a plasma membrane and organized into tissue and specialized tissue systems that permit them to either move about in search of food or to draw food toward themselves. Unable to make their own food within themselves, as photosynthetic plants do, they rely on consuming preformed food. They possess a nervous system with sensory and motor nerves, enabling them to receive environmental stimuli and to respond with specialized movements.
- architectural elements - Forms, structural or decorative, developed originally or primarily as components of architecture, often adapted to other habitable spaces, such as in large vehicles, and often borrowed or imitated for structural or decorative use on other objects.
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- ceramic tile - Fired clay in various shapes and thicknesses and with a variety of uses, as for surface covering, drainage, or construction. For general flat, solid, and relatively thin durable material used primarily for surface covering and of various materials, use "tile."
- Japanese - Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
- A Curious Group; a cabinet of curiosities Bryn Mawr College , Apr 4, 2014 – Jun 30, 2014
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
and Nathanael Roesch.
A Curious Group.
Bryn Mawr College.
Bryn Mawr, PA, April 4–June 1, 2014
Figure Number: Cat 5
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Tile".View current selection of records as: