This object does not have an image.
Miniature Writing Set
3 3/4 in. x 2 in. x 1/2 in. (9.53 cm x 5.08 cm x 1.27 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- desk sets - Sets of matching articles intended to be used on a desk including such articles as inkstands, pen trays, and stampboxes.
- Japanese - Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- lacquer - Paint, varnish, or another material applied by coating, made of the resinous exudation of certain trees or from insects, and that dries with a high gloss or matte finish. In most lacquers resin is dissolved in a volatile solvent or a drying oil and hardens by evaporation. Lacquer may be applied in many layers, so the thick surface may be set with inlays or carved.
- miniature - Use to describe objects and beings of a reduced size or scale compared to the average or normal range for its kind.
- wood - The principal tissue of trees and other plants that provides both strength and a means of conducting nutrients. Wood is one of the most versatile materials known.
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
- Home Departure and Destination Bryn Mawr College , Oct 4, 2013 – Dec 31, 2013
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Elizabeth Gray Vining Collection" and [Object]Country of Creation is "Japan".View current selection of records as: