Book about the Imperial Palace
9 1/4 in. x 11 3/4 in. x 1 1/4 in. (23.5 cm x 29.85 cm x 3.18 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2005.6.53.a-b
Geography: Asia, Japan
Classification: Documents and Documentary Artifacts
Collection: Elizabeth Gray Vining '23 Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- books - Items comprising a collection of leaves of paper, parchment, wood, stiffened textile, ivory, metal tablets, or other flat material, that are blank, written on, or printed, and are strung or bound together in a volume.
- imperial palaces - Palaces housing an emperor, and often his family, members of the court, and servants.
- Japanese - Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- paper - Refers generally to all types of thin matted or felted sheets or webs of fiber formed and dried on a fine screen from a pulpy water suspension. The fibers may be animal, such as hair, silk or wool, or mineral, such as asbestos, or synthetic. However most paper is made from cellulosic plant fiber, such as from wood pulp, grass, cotton, linen, and straw.
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
- The Way of Tea--A Taste of Japanese Art: Gifts from the Imperial Family Bryn Mawr College , May 11, 2007 – Aug 15, 2007
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Elizabeth Gray Vining Collection".View current selection of records as: