15th century - 16th century
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- Korean - Culture and style of peoples from the East Asian peninsula of Korea.
- rim sherds - Fragments of a ceramic or glass vessel from just below the rim.
- sherds - Limited to fragments of pottery or glass.
- Yi - Period and culture of the Korean dynasty that ruled the Korean peninsula from 1392 to 1910, founded by Yi Sŏng-gye, posthumously known as King T’aejo (reiged 1392-1398). It is characterized by the establishment of Neo-Confucianism as the official ideology, encouragement of a modest and practical lifestyle, and abandonment of patronage for more extravagant art.
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BBZZT" and [Object]Country of Creation is "North Korea or South Korea" and [Object]Century is "15th century, 16th century".View current selection of records as: