Vestment (?) with Festival Scene20th century
130 in. x 11 3/4 in. (330.2 cm x 29.85 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: TN.212
Geography: Asia, Japan
Classification: Clothing and Adornments; Clothing
Collection: Helen B. Chapin '15 Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- clothing - Coverings for the torso, limbs, hands, feet, and head for warmth, fashion, or to cover nudity. It generally excludes other items of costume such as jewelry, crowns, and other accessories that are purely decorative or symbolic and have no practical function.
- Japanese - Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- textiles - General term for carpets, fabrics, costume, or other works made of textile materials, which are natural or synthetic fibers created by weaving, felting, knotting, twining, or otherwise processing. For works of art or high craft that employ textile as a medium, prefer "textile art (visual works)."
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
- Selections from the Asian Art Collection of Helen Burwell Chapin Bryn Mawr College , May 17, 1990 – Oct 1, 1992
- Calligraphy: Selections from the Asian Art Collection of Helen Burwell Chapin Bryn Mawr College , May 17, 1990 – Oct 1, 1992
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BOVSK".View current selection of records as: