朝鮮通寶) Joseon Tongbo or Circulating Currency of Joseon (Korea)Yi
1400 - 1600
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- bronzes - Collectively, the class of sculptures, containers, or other objects executed in bronze, especially artifacts or works considered to be art. When possible, use the material term "bronze (metal)" plus a more specific object name, such as "bronze" + "figurines" or "bronze" + "bowl."
- coins - Pieces of metal stamped by government authority for use as money.
- Korean - Culture and style of peoples from the East Asian peninsula of Korea.
- Yi - Period and culture of the Korean dynasty that ruled the Korean peninsula from 1392 to 1910, founded by Yi Sŏng-gye, posthumously known as King T’aejo (reiged 1392-1398). It is characterized by the establishment of Neo-Confucianism as the official ideology, encouragement of a modest and practical lifestyle, and abandonment of patronage for more extravagant art.
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BBZZT" and [Object]Country of Creation is "North Korea or South Korea".View current selection of records as: