Old Babylonian Cylinder Seal with Presentation Scene on Modern Necklace
|Showing 1 of 1||
Old Babylonian Cylinder Seal with Presentation Scene on Modern NecklaceOld Babylonian
1925 BCE - 1700 BCE
7/8 x 3/8 x 3/8 in. (2.3 x 1 x 1 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: S.110
Classification: Clothing and Adornments; Personal Gear
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- cylinder seals - Cylinders of hard material engraved in intaglio upon the curved surface, used especially in ancient Mesopotamia to roll an identifying impression on wet clay.
- Mesopotamian - Refers to the culture that developed in the geographic area of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers, from the mountains of Asia Minor to the Persian Gulf, includes part of modern Iraq, Iran, Syria, and Turkey.
- Old Babylonian - Refers to the period in Mesopotamia roughly from the founding of the first dynasty of Babylon in 1894 BCE until the Hittite sack of Babylon in 1595 BCE.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
Exhibition ListThis object was included in the following exhibitions:
- A Century Affirmed in the Bryn Mawr College Collections Bryn Mawr College , Apr 18, 1984 – Dec 7, 1984
Bibliography ListThe following Bibliography exist for this object:
- "Mesopotamia to Bryn Mawr," Bryn Mawr College Alumnae Bulletin (Winter 1970): 4-6.
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Old Babylonian Cylinder Seal with Presentation Scene on Modern Necklace".View current selection of records as: