- Referring to the sex that in reproduction normally produces sperm cells or male gametes.
- Giving form to something by use of a mold; usually refers to pressing a material into the mold, as distinct from pouring liquid material into the mold, for which prefer "casting."
- Flat, thin, usually small objects, made of metal, clay, ivory, glass, or basketry, sometimes set into a surface for decoration or to bear an inscription.
- Refers to side views of figures, especially when a clear outline is emphasized. For certain orthographic drawings of objects or structures, use "profiles (orthographic drawings)."
- Use to describe a surface that has been carved, molded, or stamped so that an image or design projects from or is sunk into a continuous surface.
- A baked or semi-fired material that is usually a mixture of clay, grog, and water; it has been used for pottery, statuettes, lamps, roof tiles, and cornices since ancient times. It may be glazed prior to firing. To produce an item, terracotta is molded or shaped, dried for several days then fired to at least 600 C. It is fireproof, lighter in weight than stone, and usually brownish red in color.
Click an image to view a larger version
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
Breaking Ground, Breaking Tradition: Bryn Mawr and the First Generation of Women Archaeologists
Bryn Mawr College
, 9/19/2007 - 12/19/2007
The Age of Homer
University Museum, University of Pennsylvania
, 12/12/1969 - 3/14/1970
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
Philip P. Betancourt,
Check-list of Objects for The Age of Homer
University of Pennsylvania.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1970
Page Number: 24,
Figure Number: 65
If you would like to cite this object in a Wikipedia article please use the following template:
<ref name=BMC>cite web |url=http://triarte.brynmawr.edu/objects-1/info/153468 |title=Geometric-Archaic Greek Terracotta Relief Plaque with Male Figure |author=Bryn Mawr College Library Special Collections |accessdate=9/22/2021 |publisher=Bryn Mawr College</ref>
Showing 37 of 41
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "YUBH:YUBI:BGLWX:BGLXB:BGLXF:BGLXR:BGLXX:BGMSZ" and [Object]Country of Creation is "Greece" and [Object]Object Type Sub 1 is "Sculptures".