|Showing 1 of 1||
Reproduction Relief20th century
5 7/8 in. x 5 1/4 in. x 1 15/16 in. (14.9 cm x 13.3 cm x 4.9 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: R.24
Geography: Asia, Turkey, Anatolia
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Sculptures; Terracottas
Findspot: American Hafriyati, Tarsus
This object has the following keywords:
- molding - Giving form to something by use of a mold; usually refers to pressing a material into the mold, as distinct from pouring liquid material into the mold, for which prefer "casting."
- reproductions - Copies of art images, art objects, decorative arts, or other valued images or objects, made without intent to deceive; with regard to art images, it includes photographic reproductions. The term implies more precise and faithful imitation than does the term "copies (derivative objects)." Where the intent is to deceive, see "forgeries" or "counterfeits." For prints copying other two-dimensional works, typically dating from before the widespread use of photography, use "reproductive prints."
- terracotta - A baked or semi-fired material that is usually a mixture of clay, grog, and water; it has been used for pottery, statuettes, lamps, roof tiles, and cornices since ancient times. It may be glazed prior to firing. To produce an item, terracotta is molded or shaped, dried for several days then fired to at least 600 C. It is fireproof, lighter in weight than stone, and usually brownish red in color.
- Turkish - Refers to the culture and styles of the Turks, who comprise various ethnic groups that historically lived a nomadic life on the vast Eurasian steppe and spoke Turkic languages, or Turkey, which is a nation in Asia Minor and southeastern Europe, having coastlines on the Aegean, Black, and Mediterranean seas.
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
- Breaking Ground, Breaking Tradition: Bryn Mawr and the First Generation of Women Archaeologists Bryn Mawr College , Sep 19, 2007 – Dec 19, 2007
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
- Hetty Goldman, "Excavations at Gozlu Kule, Tarsus: Volume I, Plates," (1950): 254, Figure Number: 633.
- Hetty Goldman, "Excavations at Gozlu Kule, Tarsus: Volume I, Text," (1950): 382-383 and 289-300.
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Reproduction Relief".View current selection of records as: