Miniature Footed Bowl
|Showing 1 of 1||
Miniature Footed BowlClassical-Hellenistic
ca. 550 BCE - 400 BCE
1 x 1 5/16 x 3/16 in. (2.5 x 3.4 x 0.5 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: P.157
Geography: Europe, Greece
Classification: Ceremonial and Performance Artifacts; Votive Objects
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- bowls - Rounded, cuplike, hollow parts of objects, such as the body of a stemmed vessel or the part of a pipe in which tobacco is burned.
- bowls - Rounded vessels that are generally wider than they are high, usually hemispherical or nearly so. A bowl may have a spreading base or foot ring and sometimes two handles or a cover. Distinguished from a cup, which is rather deep than wide.
- miniatures - Object genre including various types of things that are a smaller or reduced version of an original, such as a likeness or representation on a small scale or a small-scale model.
- vessels - Containers designed to serve as receptacles for a liquid or other substance, usually those of circular section and made of some durable material; especially containers of this nature in domestic use, employed in connection with the preparation or serving of food or drink, and usually of a size suitable for carrying by hand.
- votive offerings - Objects or monuments donated by an individual for a public place or shrine, especially in gratitude for deliverance from distress. For those that are, or contain, images, use "ex-votos."
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Miniature Footed Bowl".View current selection of records as: