- Refers to the styles and culture that developed in antiquity in the Nile Valley in the area of modern-day Egypt and southwards. For the cultures and styles of the modern nation of Egypt, use "Egypt (modern)."
- A script of ancient Egypt consisting of abridged forms of hieroglyphics, used by the priests in their records.
- Words, texts, lettering, or symbols marked on a work, including texts, legends, documentation notes, or commemoration. For standardized symbols or notations on objects that convey official information, use "marks (symbols)."
- Fragments of pottery or stone containing inscriptions.
- Limited to fragments of pottery or glass.
Click an image to view a larger version
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
Egyptology at Bryn Mawr: A Legacy
Bryn Mawr College
, 4/11/2019 - 10/1/2021
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios: