Jan Sadeler, I
Flemish (1550 - 1600) Primary
Dutch (active ca 1621 - after 1678) Primary
Madonna and Child with Joachim, Anna and Others1590
10 in. x 7 11/16 in. (25.4 cm x 19.6 cm)
Gift of Abby A. K. Turner Van Pelt Griscom, Class of 1952, Katherine Drexel Van Pelt Beaver, and Charles B. P. Van Pelt
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: VP.143
Geography: Europe, Belgium or France (Flanders)
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Engravings
Collection: Drexel–Van Pelt Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- Christianity - Refers to the world religion and culture that developed in the first century CE, driven by the teachings of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Its roots are in the Judaic tradition and the Old Testament. The tenets include a belief in the death and redemptive resurrection of Jesus. The religion incorporates a tradition of faith, ritual, and a form of church authority or leadership.
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- figures - Representations of humans, animals, or mythical beasts, in any medium.
- Flemish - Refers to the culture of the southern Netherlands, roughly corresponding to modern Belgium, Luxembourg, and part of France, particularly during the historical period when Flanders was an independent principality.
- religion and mythology
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
Exhibition ListThis object was included in the following exhibitions:
- Antwerp, Rome, Madrid, London via The Four Winds; The Antwerp Print Market 1550-1650 Bryn Mawr College , Mar 6, 2006 – Jun 2, 2006
- Sheet Dimensions: 10 x 7 11/16 in. (25.4 x 19.6 cm)
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Old Master Era and Related Prints" and [Object]Display Artist is "Jan Sadeler".View current selection of records as: