Jean Joseph Balechou
French (1719 - 1764) Primary
French (Avignon, 1714 - 1789, Paris) Secondary
Landscape with a Marine Scene18th century
19.125 x 23.75 in. (48.578 x 60.325 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- bathers - People washing themselves with water, or immersed in water. For people actively propelling themselves through the water by natural means, use "swimmers."
- boats - Watercraft generally smaller and less seaworthy than ships and generally not designed to cross large open waters.
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- figures - Representations of humans, animals, or mythical beasts, in any medium.
- French - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of France, or in general to cultures that have occupied the area of the modern nation in western Europe.
- seascapes and water scenes
- Plate Dimensions: 19.125 x 23.75 in. (48.578 x 60.325 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Old Master Era and Related Prints" and [Object]Display Artist is "Jean Joseph Balechou".View current selection of records as: