L'Education d'Achille (The Education of Achilles)
|Showing 1 of 1||
French (1756 - 1822) Primary
L'Education d'Achille (The Education of Achilles)Late 18th century - early 19th century
22 11/16 in. x 16 9/16 in. (57.7 cm x 42 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Animalia - Kingdom containing multicellular organisms having cells bound by a plasma membrane and organized into tissue and specialized tissue systems that permit them to either move about in search of food or to draw food toward themselves. Unable to make their own food within themselves, as photosynthetic plants do, they rely on consuming preformed food. They possess a nervous system with sensory and motor nerves, enabling them to receive environmental stimuli and to respond with specialized movements.
- arrows - Projectiles generally consisting of a straight, slender shaft with a sharp point or carrying a sharp edged or pointed head of stone or metal, shot from a bow. More developed versions also have flights near the butt to stabilize their trajectory.
- bows - Stringed projectile weapons designed to propel arrows, generally consisting of a long stave of wood, metal, fiberglass, or other flexible material, with a length of strong string fastened to the tips of the stave which is bent in a curve, either permanently or from the tension of the string. The string is drawn back, holding the arrow by means of a notch in its rear tip, and propels the arrow upon release.
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- French - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of France, or in general to cultures that have occupied the area of the modern nation in western Europe.
- religion and mythology
- Legendary Couples: Classical Mythology Prints from the College's Collections Bryn Mawr College , Oct 15, 1999 – Dec 4, 1999
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "L'Education d'Achille (The Education of Achilles)".View current selection of records as: