Francois Chaveau of the Royal Academy of Painting and Sculpture
|Showing 1 of 1||
(active ) Primary
Francois Chaveau of the Royal Academy of Painting and Sculpture18th century
10 7/8 in. x 8 1/16 in. (27.7 cm x 20.5 cm)
Gift of Abby A. K. Turner Van Pelt Griscom, Class of 1952, Katherine Drexel Van Pelt Beaver, and Charles B. P. Van Pelt
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: VP.676
Geography: Europe, France
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Engravings
Collection: Drexel–Van Pelt Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- artists - People who produce work in the visual arts. For those in the performing arts, see "performing artists."
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- French - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of France, or in general to cultures that have occupied the area of the modern nation in western Europe.
- men - Refers to male human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness, usually including the face of the person. For representations intended to be anonymous, or of fictional or mythological characters, see "figures (representations)."
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Francois Chaveau of the Royal Academy of Painting and Sculpture".View current selection of records as: