La Vertus est digne de l'Empire du Monde
|Showing 1 of 1||
French (1680 - 1711) Primary
La Vertus est digne de l'Empire du MondeEarly 18th century
47 5/16 in. x 85 7/8 in. (120.14 cm x 218.19 cm)
Gift of Abby A. K. Turner Van Pelt Griscom, Class of 1952, Katherine Drexel Van Pelt Beaver, and Charles B. P. Van Pelt
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: VP.253
Geography: Europe, France
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Engravings
Collection: Drexel–Van Pelt Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- battles - Individual instances of armed conflict between two or more groups.
- cavalries - Groups of armed fighting men who fight or maneuver on horseback.
- chariots - Ancient Mesopotamian, Egyptian, Greek, and Roman animal-drawn, wheeled vehicles with a wide range of uses and forms, usually driven from the standing position and most often with two wheels; probably developed in Mesopotamia around the early 3rd millenium and could be pulled by up to ten animals.
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- French - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of France, or in general to cultures that have occupied the area of the modern nation in western Europe.
- religion and mythology
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
Exhibition ListThis object was included in the following exhibitions:
- Master Prints & Drawings from the Drexel-Van Pelt Collection Bryn Mawr College , Nov 10, 1995 – Dec 3, 1995
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "La Vertus est digne de l'Empire du Monde".View current selection of records as: