Frederick I, Rex, Elector of Brandenburg
|Showing 1 of 1||
Philipp Andreas Kilian
German (1714 - 1759) Primary
Frederick I, Rex, Elector of BrandenburgEarly 18th century - mid 18th century
20 7/8 in. x 14 15/16 in. (53 cm x 38 cm)
Gift of Abby A. K. Turner Van Pelt Griscom, Class of 1952, Katherine Drexel Van Pelt Beaver, and Charles B. P. Van Pelt
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: VP.645
Geography: Europe, Germany
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Engravings
Collection: Drexel–Van Pelt Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- German - Refers to the cultures, periods, and styles of the modern nation of Germany, or the cultures that have occupied the area of the modern nation in central Europe. More broadly, it can refer to the cultures of the ancient groups of related peoples who inhabited central and northern Europe, and who spoke dialects from which the Germanic or Teutonic languages developed.
- kings - Monarchs who reign over a kingdom, which is a major territorial unit or government ruled by a single person. The term may also refer to rulers of smaller entities and may include tribal rulers or rulers of petty states who are by tradition called "king." If kings rule over a territory that is contained within an empire, kings are typically subordinate to the emperor. Kings are always male; female rulers of kingdoms are called "queens."
- men - Refers to male human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness, usually including the face of the person. For representations intended to be anonymous, or of fictional or mythological characters, see "figures (representations)."
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Frederick I, Rex, Elector of Brandenburg".View current selection of records as: