Hans Sachs, 51 Years
|Showing 1 of 1||
German (active 1500 - 1552) Primary
Hans Sachs, 51 Years1545
12 1/2 in. x 11 1/8 in. (31.7 cm x 28.3 cm)
Gift of Abby A. K. Turner Van Pelt Griscom, Class of 1952, Katherine Drexel Van Pelt Beaver, and Charles B. P. Van Pelt
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: VP.136
Geography: Europe, Germany
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Woodcuts
Collection: Drexel–Van Pelt Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- German - Refers to the cultures, periods, and styles of the modern nation of Germany, or the cultures that have occupied the area of the modern nation in central Europe. More broadly, it can refer to the cultures of the ancient groups of related peoples who inhabited central and northern Europe, and who spoke dialects from which the Germanic or Teutonic languages developed.
- poets - Authors ol compositions characterized by condensed language chosen for sound and suggestive power as well as meaning.
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness, usually including the face of the person. For representations intended to be anonymous, or of fictional or mythological characters, see "figures (representations)."
- singers - People who perform vocal music.
- woodcuts - Prints made using the process of woodcut, which is a relief process in which the design is cut into and printed from the plank side of a wood block; distinct from "wood engraving (process)," which is a relief process using the grain end of a wood block.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- Sheet Dimensions: 12 1/2 x 11 1/8 in. (31.7 x 28.3 cm)
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Hans Sachs, 51 Years".View current selection of records as: