Ovid Metamorphosis 7: The Death of Procris
|Showing 1 of 1||
Italian (1520 - 1582) Primary
Ovid Metamorphosis 7: The Death of Procris16th century
39 1/8 in. x 55 3/8 in. (99.31 cm x 140.72 cm)
Gift of Abby A. K. Turner Van Pelt Griscom, Class of 1952, Katherine Drexel Van Pelt Beaver, and Charles B. P. Van Pelt
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: VP.71
Geography: Europe, Italy
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Engravings
Collection: Drexel–Van Pelt Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- deaths - Cessation of life processes of all living organisms, but particularly refers to the act as it occurs in individual human beings.
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- figures - Representations of humans, animals, or mythical beasts, in any medium.
- Italian - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of Italy, or in general to cultures that have occupied the boot-shaped Italian peninsula in the Mediterranean Sea.
- literary themes
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
- Divine (Re)Productions: Italian Printmaking in the Sixteenth Century, from the Bryn Mawr College's Collections Bryn Mawr College , Mar 21, 2001 – Apr 4, 2001
- Legendary Couples: Classical Mythology Prints from the College's Collections Bryn Mawr College , Oct 15, 1999 – Dec 4, 1999
- Master Prints & Drawings from the Drexel-Van Pelt Collection Bryn Mawr College , Nov 10, 1995 – Dec 3, 1995
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Ovid Metamorphosis 7: The Death of Procris".View current selection of records as: