Greeks and Trojans in Battle
|Showing 1 of 1||
Italian (active before 1591) Primary
Greeks and Trojans in BattleMid-16th century
16 in. x 22 1/2 in. (40.6 cm x 57.1 cm)
Gift of Abby A. K. Turner Van Pelt Griscom, Class of 1952, Katherine Drexel Van Pelt Beaver, and Charles B. P. Van Pelt
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: VP.3
Geography: Europe, Italy
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Engravings
Collection: Drexel–Van Pelt Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- battles - Individual instances of armed conflict between two or more groups.
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- history and legend
- Italian - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of Italy, or in general to cultures that have occupied the boot-shaped Italian peninsula in the Mediterranean Sea.
- shields - General term for armor pieces carried in the hand or on the arm, used to parry an opponent's blows or provide shelter from projectiles. They have existed worldwide throughout history in a wide variety of sizes, shapes, and materials.
- wars - Events taking place over a prolonged period and comprising open and declared hostile armed conflict between nations or parties within a nation. For individual instances of armed conflict, use "battles."
- warships - Vessels built and armed for combat purposes
- weapons - Implements or mechanisms used for defense or attack in combat, hunting, or war.
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
- Master Prints & Drawings from the Drexel-Van Pelt Collection Bryn Mawr College , Nov 10, 1995 – Dec 3, 1995
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Greeks and Trojans in Battle".View current selection of records as: