- Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- Refers to the culture of the modern nation of Italy, or in general to cultures that have occupied the boot-shaped Italian peninsula in the Mediterranean Sea.
- Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness, usually including the face of the person. For representations intended to be anonymous, or of fictional or mythological characters, see "figures (representations)."
- Refers to a female sovereign or ruler. It may also refer to certain female members of royal families, typically the wives of princes or the daughters and granddaughters of sovereigns.
- Refers to female human beings from young adulthood through old age.
Click an image to view a larger version
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
If you would like to cite this object in a Wikipedia article please use the following template:
<ref name=BMC>cite web |url=http://triarte.brynmawr.edu/objects-1/info/161640 |title=Maria Luisa Infanta di Spagna. Regina Reggente d'Etruria |author=Bryn Mawr College Library Special Collections |accessdate=10/26/2021 |publisher=Bryn Mawr College</ref>
Showing 1 of 1
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Maria Luisa Infanta di Spagna. Regina Reggente d'Etruria".