The Death of General Montgomery in the Attack of Quebec december 1775
|Showing 1 of 1||
Johan Frederik Clemens
Danish (active Poland, 1748 - 1831, Copenhagen, Denmark) Primary
The Death of General Montgomery in the Attack of Quebec december 17751798
22 1/16 in. x 30 5/8 in. (56 cm x 77.8 cm)
Gift of Abby A. K. Turner Van Pelt Griscom, Class of 1952, Katherine Drexel Van Pelt Beaver, and Charles B. P. Van Pelt
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: VP.803
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Engravings
Collection: Drexel–Van Pelt Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- banners - Pieces of cloth or other flexible material painted with signs or decorative designs and intended to be displayed by hanging or suspending. In heraldry, refers to square flags bearing heraldic devices. For other cloths intended to symbolize or to signal, use "flags."
- battles - Individual instances of armed conflict between two or more groups.
- deaths - Cessation of life processes of all living organisms, but particularly refers to the act as it occurs in individual human beings.
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- generals - In the armed forces of various nations, commissioned officers of the highest rank or of second or third highest rank overall, varying from one nation or organization to another.
- history and legend
- soldiers - Generally refers to those belonging to an army, whether that of a sovereign state, a faction or division within a sovereign state, or of an individual leader. Specifically refers to military personnel of enlisted rank, as distinguished from commissioned officers. For those trained for or engaged in the physical combat of warfare and sanctioned in that function by the society or group for which they fight, irrespective of actual membership in an army, see "warriors."
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "The Death of General Montgomery in the Attack of Quebec december 1775".View current selection of records as: