The Triumph of Julius Caeser: The Procession of the Senators
|Showing 1 of 1||
Italian (ca. 1431 - 1506) Primary
The Triumph of Julius Caeser: The Procession of the SenatorsMid-to-late 15th century
11 1/4 in. x 10 1/2 in. (28.58 cm x 26.67 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 1982.3
Geography: Europe, Italy
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Engravings
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- history and legend
- Italian - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of Italy, or in general to cultures that have occupied the boot-shaped Italian peninsula in the Mediterranean Sea.
- senators - Members of a governing legislative body called a Senate, in ancient Rome and other states in antiquity, in some cities of Europe from Medieval to modern times, and in some modern nations such as the United States, Canada, France, and Italy.
- soldiers - Generally refers to those belonging to an army, whether that of a sovereign state, a faction or division within a sovereign state, or of an individual leader. Specifically refers to military personnel of enlisted rank, as distinguished from commissioned officers. For those trained for or engaged in the physical combat of warfare and sanctioned in that function by the society or group for which they fight, irrespective of actual membership in an army, see "warriors."
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- Image Dimensions: 11 1/4 x 10 1/2 in. (28.575 x 26.67 cm)
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "The Triumph of Julius Caeser: The Procession of the Senators".View current selection of records as: