Afternoon Tea Party
|Showing 1 of 1||
American (1844 - 1926) Primary
Afternoon Tea Party1890-1891
13 11/16 in. x 10 5/8 in. (34.77 cm x 26.99 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- aquatints - Prints produced from designs created by the aquatint process, by which a printing plate is covered with a coating and etched with acid so as to create a range of tonal values, often combined with line work. The resulting print resembling a watercolor.
- drypoints - Prints made using the drypoint process, whereby a sharp needle scratches the plate creating a burr.
- North American - Refers to the cultures of the continent of North America, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, the Arctic Circle, and Central America. In classifications schemes based on physical geography, Central America, and North America are parts of the same continent.
- soft-ground etchings - Prints made using the process of soft-ground etching.
- tea tables - Term applied to small tables of various designs, intended to hold a tea service, or part of the service, and other articles used for serving tea; may have a top so made that it could be lifted off for separate use as a tray.
- tea trays - Trays that accommodate tea services. Some examples may be components of a tea table, detachable from the base or legs.
- women - Refers to female human beings from young adulthood through old age.
Mary Cassatt Retrospective
Yokohama Museum of Art
, Jun 25, 2016 – Dec 4, 2016
- The Yokohama Museum of Art 6/25/2016 - 9/11/2016
- The National Museum of Modern Art, Kyoto 9/27/2016 - 12/4/2016
- Feed Your Head: Food as Material and Metaphor Bryn Mawr College , Nov 4, 2011 – Dec 20, 2011
- Worlds to Discover: 125 Years of Collections at Bryn Mawr College Bryn Mawr College , Sep 24, 2010 – May 28, 2011
- Mary Cassatt printmaker Lebanon Valley College , Mar 8, 2001 – Apr 14, 2001
- A Picture of Mary Cassatt: Prints from the Bryn Mawr College Collection , Mar 17, 2000 – Mar 20, 2000
- Six Centuries of French Illustration Bryn Mawr College , Oct 1, 1993 – May 29, 1994
- A Century Affirmed in the Bryn Mawr College Collections Bryn Mawr College , Apr 18, 1984 – Dec 7, 1984
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
Mary Cassatt Retrospective
NHK/NHK Promotions Inc. for the Yokohama Museum of Art.
Yokohama, Japan, June 25, 2016
Page Number: 97, 189-190, 199, 210
Clarence Burton Sheffield, Jr.
and Leo G. Mazow.
Mary Cassatt printmaker
Lebanon Valley College.
Annville, PA, 2001
Page Number: 24-25
- "Bryn Mawr Involved in Philadelphia Museum of Art Exhibition "Mary Cassatt and Philadelphia"." Bryn Mawr Now Vol. XII, No. 3 (Spring/Summer 1985): 8.
In the Omnibus, or The Tramway
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Afternoon Tea Party".View current selection of records as: