|Showing 1 of 1||
American (1844 - 1926) Primary
14 7/8 in. x 10 1/8 in. (37.78 cm x 25.72 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- aquatints - Prints produced from designs created by the aquatint process, by which a printing plate is covered with a coating and etched with acid so as to create a range of tonal values, often combined with line work. The resulting print resembling a watercolor.
- dressmaking - Activity of cutting, sewing, and creating ladies clothing, particularly dresses, coats, and shirts.
- drypoints - Prints made using the drypoint process, whereby a sharp needle scratches the plate creating a burr.
- North American - Refers to the cultures of the continent of North America, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, the Arctic Circle, and Central America. In classifications schemes based on physical geography, Central America, and North America are parts of the same continent.
- soft-ground etchings - Prints made using the process of soft-ground etching.
- women - Refers to female human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- Mirrors and Masks: Reflections and Constructions of the Self Bryn Mawr College , Mar 23, 2017 – Jun 4, 2017
- Worlds to Discover: 125 Years of Collections at Bryn Mawr College Bryn Mawr College , Sep 24, 2010 – May 28, 2011
- Mary Cassatt printmaker Lebanon Valley College , Mar 8, 2001 – Apr 14, 2001
- A Picture of Mary Cassatt: Prints from the Bryn Mawr College Collection , Mar 17, 2000 – Mar 20, 2000
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
Clarence Burton Sheffield, Jr.
and Leo G. Mazow.
Mary Cassatt printmaker
Lebanon Valley College.
Annville, PA, 2001
Page Number: 20-21
Afternoon Tea Party
In the Omnibus, or The Tramway
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "The Fitting".View current selection of records as: