- Kingdom containing multicellular organisms having cells bound by a plasma membrane and organized into tissue and specialized tissue systems that permit them to either move about in search of food or to draw food toward themselves. Unable to make their own food within themselves, as photosynthetic plants do, they rely on consuming preformed food. They possess a nervous system with sensory and motor nerves, enabling them to receive environmental stimuli and to respond with specialized movements.
- Watercraft generally smaller and less seaworthy than ships and generally not designed to cross large open waters.
- A collective term referring to live animals, particularly bovine animals, held as property or reared to serve as meat, or sources of milk, skin, wool, etc.
- Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- Representations of humans, animals, or mythical beasts, in any medium.
- Bodies of water flowing in direct course or a series of divergents or converging channels.
Click an image to view a larger version
Dimensions: 3 15/16 x 5 1/16 in. (10 x 12.8 cm)
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios: