Diana Ordering Nymphs to Clip the wings and confiscate the bows and arrows of sl
|Showing 1 of 1||
Benoit I Audran
French (1661 - 1721) Primary
Diana Ordering Nymphs to Clip the wings and confiscate the bows and arrows of sl17th century
11 1/2 in. x 13 in. (29.21 cm x 33.02 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- French - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of France, or in general to cultures that have occupied the area of the modern nation in western Europe.
- landscapes - Creative works, usually two-dimensional, depicting an outdoor scene dominated by the land, hills, fields, sky, trees, fields, rivers or other bodies of water, and other natural elements. Landscapes may include a near point of view in the foreground, but also usually depict a view into the distance. Landscapes may contain architecture or figures, but the primary focus remains the land. When an ocean, sea, or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For actual areas of land rather than depictions, use "landscapes (environments)."
- Nymphs - Nymphs are minor goddesses usually associated with local geographic features like forests or rivers and the god Pan. Added June 2010 by M. Weldon
- religion and mythology
- Sheet Dimensions: 11 1/2 x 13 in. (29.21 x 33.02 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Diana Ordering Nymphs to Clip the wings and confiscate the bows and arrows of sl".View current selection of records as: