- Structures containing dressing rooms or lockers for bathers, as at the seashore. For buildings housing public swimming and bathing facilities, use "public baths."
- Refers to the emotional, intellectual, and physiological condition of sexual arousal. Use also for the capacity or quality of inspiring such arousal through suggestion, symbolism, or allusion.
- Refers to the cultures, periods, and styles of the modern nation of Germany, or the cultures that have occupied the area of the modern nation in central Europe. More broadly, it can refer to the cultures of the ancient groups of related peoples who inhabited central and northern Europe, and who spoke dialects from which the Germanic or Teutonic languages developed.
- Refers to male human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- Buildings equipped with swimming pools and other facilities for bathing and swimming, traditionally the primary hygienic facility in a city or town.
- Prints made using the process of woodcut, which is a relief process in which the design is cut into and printed from the plank side of a wood block; distinct from "wood engraving (process)," which is a relief process using the grain end of a wood block.
Click an image to view a larger version
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
Temperamental! Prints in the Collection of Bryn Mawr College
Bryn Mawr College
, Mar 20, 2019 – Jun 2, 2019
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios: