|Showing 1 of 1||
American (1844 - 1926) Primary
Drypoint and soft-ground etching
State: Fourth state
14 7/16 in. x 10 9/16 in. (36.67 cm x 26.83 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 1949.13
Geography: North and Central America, United States
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- aquatints - Prints produced from designs created by the aquatint process, by which a printing plate is covered with a coating and etched with acid so as to create a range of tonal values, often combined with line work. The resulting print resembling a watercolor.
- basins - Open, rounded vessels of greater width than depth, with sloping or curving sides, used for receiving running water or holding water and other liquids, especially for washing purposes.
- drypoints - Prints made using the drypoint process, whereby a sharp needle scratches the plate creating a burr.
- North American - Refers to the cultures of the continent of North America, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, the Arctic Circle, and Central America. In classifications schemes based on physical geography, Central America, and North America are parts of the same continent.
- soft-ground etchings - Prints made using the process of soft-ground etching.
- washing - Cleansing with water or other liquid.
- women - Refers to female human beings from young adulthood through old age.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
Exhibition ListThis object was included in the following exhibitions:
Mary Cassatt Retrospective
Yokohama Museum of Art
, Jun 25, 2016 – Dec 4, 2016
- The Yokohama Museum of Art 6/25/2016 - 9/11/2016
- The National Museum of Modern Art, Kyoto 9/27/2016 - 12/4/2016
- Worlds to Discover: 125 Years of Collections at Bryn Mawr College Bryn Mawr College , Sep 24, 2010 – May 28, 2011
- Cassatt-Neel-Kilmnik: Painted Faces Moore College of Art , Jan 17, 2002 – Feb 25, 2002
- A Picture of Mary Cassatt: Prints from the Bryn Mawr College Collection , Mar 17, 2000 – Mar 20, 2000
- Mary Cassatt and Philadelphia Philadelphia Museum of Art , Feb 17, 1985 – Apr 14, 1985
Bibliography ListThe following Bibliography exist for this object:
and Emily Croll.
Worlds to Discover.
Bryn Mawr College.
Bryn Mawr, PA, 2010
Page Number: 38
Mary Cassatt Retrospective
NHK/NHK Promotions Inc. for the Yokohama Museum of Art.
Yokohama, Japan, June 25, 2016
Page Number: 94, 189-190, 199, 210
Related Object(s) Click a record to view
Afternoon Tea Party
In the Omnibus, or The Tramway
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Woman Bathing ".View current selection of records as: