Landscape with Windmill
|Showing 1 of 1||
Stefano Della Bella
Italian (1610 - 1664) Primary
Landscape with WindmillMid-17th century
4 3/8 in. x 8 1/16 in. (11.11 cm x 20.48 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Animalia - Kingdom containing multicellular organisms having cells bound by a plasma membrane and organized into tissue and specialized tissue systems that permit them to either move about in search of food or to draw food toward themselves. Unable to make their own food within themselves, as photosynthetic plants do, they rely on consuming preformed food. They possess a nervous system with sensory and motor nerves, enabling them to receive environmental stimuli and to respond with specialized movements.
- etchings - Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- figures - Representations of humans, animals, or mythical beasts, in any medium.
- Italian - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of Italy, or in general to cultures that have occupied the boot-shaped Italian peninsula in the Mediterranean Sea.
- windmills - Buildings or devices with sails or vanes that turn in the wind and generate power. The devices operate by means of a rotating shaft on which sails are mounted or placed at an angle so that the force of wind against them causes rotation, which in turn produced energy. Windmills were historically used chiefly in flat districts for operating a mill to grind grain or pump water; the older and most characteristic European form consists of a conical mill-house with a dome or cap supporting four sails. Modern devices tap the wind to produce electricity by using a disk of sails mounted on a framework.
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Landscape with Windmill".View current selection of records as: