Evening Snow at Terashima Village (Yuki ni kure no Terashima mura), from the series Twelve Scenes of Tokyo (Tôkyô jûnidai)
|Showing 1 of 1||
Japanese (1883 - 1957) Primary
Evening Snow at Terashima Village (Yuki ni kure no Terashima mura), from the series Twelve Scenes of Tokyo (Tôkyô jûnidai)1920
10 1/2 in. x 15 3/4 in. (26.67 cm x 40.01 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: SB.19
Geography: Asia, Japan
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Woodcuts
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- color woodcuts - Woodcuts that incorporate color, usually through combining a series of blocks in precise registration that have been inked with individual hues and pressed onto one support.
- Japanese - Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- meisho-e - Refers to Japanese prints or other works depicting famous places.
- shin hanga - Japanese woodblock prints, made from 1915 to ca. 1950, and characterized by a romantic or nostalgic tone.
- woodcuts - Prints made using the process of woodcut, which is a relief process in which the design is cut into and printed from the plank side of a wood block; distinct from "wood engraving (process)," which is a relief process using the grain end of a wood block.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Evening Snow at Terashima Village (Yuki ni kure no Terashima mura), from the series Twelve Scenes of Tokyo (Tôkyô jûnidai)".View current selection of records as: