Giovanni Battista Piranesi
Italian (1720 - 1778) Primary
Veduta in prospettiva della gran Fontana dell' Acqu Vergine detta di Trevi Archi1773
18 3/4 in. x 28 1/8 in. (47.63 cm x 71.44 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- etchings - Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- figures - Representations of humans, animals, or mythical beasts, in any medium.
- fountains - Structures with apertures designed to allow water to spout or flow periodically or continuously, as for amenity or public access.
- Italian - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of Italy, or in general to cultures that have occupied the boot-shaped Italian peninsula in the Mediterranean Sea.
- Plate Dimensions: 18 3/4 x 28 1/8 in. (47.625 x 71.438 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Old Master Era and Related Prints" and [Object]Display Artist is "Giovanni Battista Piranesi" and [Object]Century is "18th century".View current selection of records as: