Christ Child with Sheep and the Crown of Thorns
|Showing 1 of 1||
British (1721 - 1792) Primary
Bartolomé Estebán Murillo
Spanish (1618 - 1682) Secondary
Christ Child with Sheep and the Crown of ThornsMid 18th century - late 18th century
14 in. x 15 3/4 in. (35.56 cm x 40.01 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Animalia - Kingdom containing multicellular organisms having cells bound by a plasma membrane and organized into tissue and specialized tissue systems that permit them to either move about in search of food or to draw food toward themselves. Unable to make their own food within themselves, as photosynthetic plants do, they rely on consuming preformed food. They possess a nervous system with sensory and motor nerves, enabling them to receive environmental stimuli and to respond with specialized movements.
- British - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the United Kingdom. It also refers to the cultures of historical nations that had Great Britain as the central ruling power. For the culture of the ancient Britons, who were those tribes that spoke the Celtic (Brythonic) language, use "Ancient British."
- Christianity - Refers to the world religion and culture that developed in the first century CE, driven by the teachings of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Its roots are in the Judaic tradition and the Old Testament. The tenets include a belief in the death and redemptive resurrection of Jesus. The religion incorporates a tradition of faith, ritual, and a form of church authority or leadership.
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- religion and mythology
- Plate Dimensions: 14 x 15 3/4 in. (35.56 x 40.005 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Christ Child with Sheep and the Crown of Thorns".View current selection of records as: