By the Waterlily Pond at Giverny
|Showing 1 of 1||
Mary Page Evans
American (1937 - ) Primary
By the Waterlily Pond at Giverny1988
30 in. x 22 in. (76.2 cm x 55.88 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Abstract - Refers to art styles that were a reaction against the traditional European conception of art as the imitation of nature. In the strictest sense, the term refers to 20th-century Western painting, sculpture, or graphic art having subject matter that does not include forms that represent objects from the visible world. For the general concept of art in which natural forms are only simplified or changed in their representation, but not eliminated entirely, use "abstract (general art genre)." For the process of formulating general concepts by abstracting common properties of instances, use "abstraction."
- canvas - Closely woven textile made in various weights, usually of flax, hemp, jute, or cotton, used especially for sails, tarpaulins, awnings, upholstery, bags, and as a support for oil painting.
- flower - Material comprising flowers, which are the reproductive portion of any plant in the division Magnoliophyta (Angiospermae).
- flowers - The reproductive portions of any plant in the division Angiospermae, flowering plants. As popularly used, the term "flower" especially applies when part or all of the reproductive structure is distinctive in color and form.
- North American - Refers to the cultures of the continent of North America, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, the Arctic Circle, and Central America. In classifications schemes based on physical geography, Central America, and North America are parts of the same continent.
- oil paintings - Creative works in the medium of oil paint.
- Works by Women Artists: Selections from The Scott Collection Part One Bryn Mawr College , Feb 17, 1993 – Mar 5, 1993
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
Bryn Mawr College,
1996 Monthly Calendar: Women Artists: Selections from the Collections at Bryn Mawr College
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1995
Figure Number: May
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "By the Waterlily Pond at Giverny".View current selection of records as: