|Showing 1 of 1||
Utagawa Kunisada (aka Toyokuni III)
Japanese (1786 – 1865) Primary
(active ) Primary
14 15/16 in. x 10 3/8 in. (37.94 cm x 26.35 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2007.9.5
Geography: Asia, Japan
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Woodcuts
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- actors - Persons who use movement, gesture, facial expressions, speaking, and intonation to create a fictional character for the stage, motion pictures, or television.
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- Japanese - Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- men - Refers to male human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- woodcuts - Prints made using the process of woodcut, which is a relief process in which the design is cut into and printed from the plank side of a wood block; distinct from "wood engraving (process)," which is a relief process using the grain end of a wood block.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- Oban Dimensions: 14 15/16 x 10 3/8 in. (37.941 x 26.353 cm)
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Nuregami Chiguro".View current selection of records as: