Actors Ichikawa Ichisaburô as First Son (Isshi) Tôtarô, Bandô Matsujirô as Second Son (Jinan) Kunimatsu, Onoe Kikujirô II as Wife (Nyôbô) Omine, and Ichikawa Kodanji IV as Asakura Tôgo
|Showing 1 of 1||
Japanese (1786 - 1864) Primary
Actors Ichikawa Ichisaburô as First Son (Isshi) Tôtarô, Bandô Matsujirô as Second Son (Jinan) Kunimatsu, Onoe Kikujirô II as Wife (Nyôbô) Omine, and Ichikawa Kodanji IV as Asakura Tôgo1861
14 3/4 in. x 19 1/16 in. (37.47 cm x 48.42 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- actors - Persons who use movement, gesture, facial expressions, speaking, and intonation to create a fictional character for the stage, motion pictures, or television.
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- bijinga - Paintings or prints that depict beautiful women. This term, which literally means "pictures of beautiful women," was most likely coined in the Edo period (1615-1868) or the Meiji period (1868-1912). Before this period, these pictures may have been called "onna-e" or "bijin-e".
- children - People in the earliest developmental stage of life.
- families - Groups of individuals related by blood, marriage, adoption, or cohabitation.
- figures - Representations of humans, animals, or mythical beasts, in any medium.
- Japanese - Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- landscapes - Creative works, usually two-dimensional, depicting an outdoor scene dominated by the land, hills, fields, sky, trees, fields, rivers or other bodies of water, and other natural elements. Landscapes may include a near point of view in the foreground, but also usually depict a view into the distance. Landscapes may contain architecture or figures, but the primary focus remains the land. When an ocean, sea, or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For actual areas of land rather than depictions, use "landscapes (environments)."
- precipitation - Any form of water that falls on the earth's surface.
- woodcuts - Prints made using the process of woodcut, which is a relief process in which the design is cut into and printed from the plank side of a wood block; distinct from "wood engraving (process)," which is a relief process using the grain end of a wood block.
- Sheet Dimensions: 14 3/4 x 19 1/16 in. (37.465 x 48.419 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Actors Ichikawa Ichisaburô as First Son (Isshi) Tôtarô, Bandô Matsujirô as Second Son (Jinan) Kunimatsu, Onoe Kikujirô II as Wife (Nyôbô) Omine, and Ichikawa Kodanji IV as Asakura Tôgo".View current selection of records as: