Susan B. Anthony
|Showing 1 of 1||
Sarah J. Eddy
American (1851 - 1945) Primary
Susan B. Anthony1902
Oil on canvas
35 in. x 31 1/2 in. (88.9 cm x 80.01 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: X.131
Geography: North and Central America, United States
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Paintings; Oil Paintings
On View: Bryn Mawr College, Mariam Coffin Canaday Library, 1st Floor, Director's Office
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- canvas - Closely woven textile made in various weights, usually of flax, hemp, jute, or cotton, used especially for sails, tarpaulins, awnings, upholstery, bags, and as a support for oil painting.
- North American - Refers to the cultures of the continent of North America, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, the Arctic Circle, and Central America. In classifications schemes based on physical geography, Central America, and North America are parts of the same continent.
- oil paint - A paint made by grinding pigments with a drying oil such as linseed oil. After 1940 alkyd binders were often added to oil paint to provide faster drying times.
- oil paintings - Creative works in the medium of oil paint.
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness, usually including the face of the person. For representations intended to be anonymous, or of fictional or mythological characters, see "figures (representations)."
- profiles - Refers to side views of figures, especially when a clear outline is emphasized. For certain orthographic drawings of objects or structures, use "profiles (orthographic projections)."
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
Exhibition ListThis object was included in the following exhibitions:
- Dedicated to the Cause: Bryn Mawr Women and the Suffrage Movement Bryn Mawr College , Sep 26, 2002 – Dec 20, 2002
- Framed Dimensions: 35 x 31 1/2 in. (88.9 x 80.01 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Susan B. Anthony".View current selection of records as: